Followers

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Namesake: THE MOVIE


Gogul: Do I remind you of the night. 
Ashok: No. You remind me of everything that followed. Everyday since then has been a gift.  

          Over the break, alongside doing some reading, I got a chance to watch The Namesake. After reading the book I was a little skeptical of how the movie could possible rank on par. It did, however, exceed all my expectations.
          It displayed the complexity of humans that words could not possibly show; a family who is torn between tradition and modern life. I had a renewed appreciation and adoration for Gogul's parents. Actually watching them sacrifice themselves to support their children in whatever they wanted, despite ever being appreciated...well, the waterworks came. The scene when Gogul finds out his father died did it for me. 
          Some other things that probably also contributed to making this movie really great was the acting, directing, and cinematography which was perfect and made it easy to watch. The string and effective acting of the actors and actresses in the move were admirable and a strong power point for the movie. Even the soundtrack was beautiful. 
           This move was definitely worth watching!



1 comment:

  1. I agree! I was afraid to watch it, but was very pleased. I am glad I did. Let me know if you are reading more Indian authors. I have some favorites, and always want to hear about more

    ReplyDelete